Saturday, September 25, 2010

Fáilte Ireland!!

Hello from the Emerald Isle! My apologies to family and friends to whom I promised this blog long ago-- I have been here since September 12th and have quite a bit of catching up to do! I have honestly been extremely busy and have never really been a blog type. However, I am going to do my best to keep this updated and not too dull!

My perspective is broad. I am: a student studying in a foreign country, a first-time traveler outside the United States, a very low-budget individual, and generally a wide-eyed, goofy American girl who loves life and has a terrible time understanding accents!

Rather than rehash every moment up until this point (I am going on my 14th day here) I will attach a few videos, photos and notes from my arrival. Ireland is quite an amazing place, really. I have spent 3 days in Dublin and lived in Cork City, Cork for the past 11 days. I know I have an incredible adventure ahead of me, traveling around Ireland and hopefully a few hot spots in Europe. I am still adjusting to my environment, physically, mentally, socially... you name it. I make an effort to say things are "different" rather than "weird," but sometimes I slip up and just shake my head at the goofy antics of my new friends, the Irish sense of humor, and how suckers are called "lollies" here.

Before I get too far ahead of myself, I will post some background info on my time here so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment